Sunday, April 11, 2010

Long week.


Look at that face would you? The kid is adorable. Now if he would just fall asleep. As it gets later and later I am realizing that getting up for base ball practice before work tomorrow is becoming less and less likely. A bummer too since it's the last practice before games start next week.


Its been a long week. A very good week, but long. Spending my day off from work in the hospital last tuesday has really drained me and since I'm working the weekend I haven't gotten a chance to get caught up on any rest. On my off weekends I can usually squeeze in a nap with Liam each day but I've just been too busy lately. The nursing situation at home could be described as sporadic at best but hopefully that will change in the next two weeks. We'll be training a new nurse this week and the whole house is hoping that it's a nice fit.

I am still loving Liam's new trach size and the fact that he can use his voice again. Every night I try and get Liam to say Dada, but I'm fairly certain that he'll say Mama first (as he should.)

I know that I have been slacking on the blog lately. What started as an exercise in discipline of writing every day has become 2 or 3 times a week at most and that is simply not enough. I have been writing but not on the blog. I'll fill you in on the details of my other writing project someday but its not ready to be talked about here yet.

When Liam falls into a deep sleep the ventilator sounds become soothing like a white noise machine. The rhythm of 26 breaths a minute is ingrained in the conscious of everyone in the house and when he rides that vent it can become downright hypnotic. I'm going to count down from 5 and when I get to 1 I'll fall into a deep sleep. 5...4....3....2.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment