Thursday, March 11, 2010

You feeling Lucky? Well are ya?

I'm tired. Exhausted really. Baby not sleeping at night, first week back to work since vacation, going to the gym every day, blah, blah, blah. Excuses, excuses. Home, gym, work, home, gym, work I just don't really have a whole bunch to blog about. I know, I know you are all heartbroken at my lack of correspondence. You've all been holding your breath waiting for some wonderful new updates haven't you?

Anyway, why don't I do what I always do when I complain about having nothing to blog about Random thoughts bullet style. Time to empty the clip...
  • The V key on my laptop is not working very well. I suppose it would be more annoying if it were a letter that I use more often but I use the V just enough that it throws me off my rhythm every time.
  • Liam is doing wonderful. So wonderful that there is nothing new to report. Always remember 'no news is good news' it has been a motto of sorts for us since he was born.
  • Thanks to a spark of inspiration a few nights ago I wrote about 1500 words of a new piece of fiction. I really like how its coming so far which is why its so puzzling that I'm jinxing it all by writing about it here.
  • I read an article the other day that says the average (had to be written three times thanks to sticky V key) American claims to have read only 4 books in the past year, and that 1 in 4 Americans didn't read any books last year. 4 Books?! Seriously? And we wonder what is wrong with this country. We're surprised that our time as the world's only superpower is drawing quickly to a close. 4 Books. I've already doubled the national average for this year and its the first week of March. On the same day I saw a trailer for a movie called Mcgruber. This is a movie based on a four minute sketch based on a lame TV show from the 80's. That's right a movie based on a sketch based on an old show. And millions will line up and pay hard earned cash for it. I can't help but think that the two points here are related.
  • They are playing baseball in Florida right now. Anyone who knows me in person knows how tremendously happy that makes me.
  • I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself.
  • It's 1:00Am and Liam has just woken up so its time for me to hang out with the boy and hopefully he'll fall asleep after we read a few books. Once I get him to sleep it will be time for me to sleep. Because as I said before, I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment